The position involves the optomechanical design and manufacture of novel head mounted display prototypes. The prototypes will be built by precise integration and assembly of certain commercially available optical components such as lenses, beamsplitters, X-cubes, LCoS projectors, etc. The candidate is expected to
– have proficiency in CAD design tools such as Solidworks, Unigraphics, Pro-Engineer, CATIA, etc.,
– perform precise opto-mechanic system design and integration subject to optical and industrial design constraints,
– design fine adjustment mechanisms and procedures for precise alignment of on-system optical components, if necessary,
– conduct tolerance analysis with optical design software such as Zemax,
– identify the best manufacturing process & technology (3D printer, CNC, etc.) and materials,
– communicate with suppliers & manufacturers for assembly of components & fabrication of prototypes.
For both postdoc and engineer positions, the candidate is required to be previously engaged in a precise opto-mechanics design project, such as the design and realization of endoscopic imaging, confocal microscope, or similar systems. In addition, for
- postdoc position; PhD. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline and strong publication record,
- engineer position; Ms. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline and 5 years of work experience
Koç University is a private university situated in a beautiful campus in Istanbul-Turkey. It is among the top 250 Universities in the world based on the THE- Times Higher Education ranking. The Optical Microsystems Laboratory (OML) (https://mems.ku.edu.tr ) is part of the College of Engineering and currently has about 20 researchers.
Compensation is in European standards and there are different levels depending on experience (Research Associate, Senior Research Associate, and Research Assistant Professor). A fully furnished apartmentnear campus can be provided for easy transition to living in Istanbul.
Applicants should send a detailed CV including the list of publications and names of references by E-mail to Ms. GulustanEren, email@example.com. Subject: ERC postdoctoral fellow position.